Mardi Himal Trek is a relatively new route in the Annapurna region, officially opened for trekkers in 2012. It offers a diverse trek through beautiful forested areas to rocky mountain terrain, base camps may have snow depending on the time Machhapuchhre is along the top ridge on the way to base camp via the Mardi Himal trek of the year you visit. Mardi Himal is to the east of the Annapurna Base camp virtually under the spectacular Machhapuchhre (Fishtail). Mardi Himal trek goes through quiet stone-built villages past wonderful rhododendron forests blooming in many colors. The forest path continues until about 3,300m. the trail takes on a rugged mountain setting with spectacular views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, and Annapurna South. Above this 3,580 m is a high camp which again offers stunning views overlooking Annapurna Base camp.
Mardi Himal Trek Highlight Overview
- Explore abundant flora and fauna
- Panoramic view of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna Range, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli, and many other mountains
- Beautiful aerial view of Pokhara valley and Phewa lake
- Sunrise and Sunset Viewpoints
- Witness picturesque villages, lush green hills, beautiful forests of oak & rhododendron, lovely lakes, cascading waterfalls & fine valley