Mardi Himal Trek is a relatively new route located in the Annapurna region, officially opened for trekkers in 2012. It offers richly diverse trek through beautiful forested areas though to rocky mountain terrain and several base camps which may have snow depending on the time Machhapuchhre along the top ridge on the way to base camp via Mardi Himal trek of year you visit. Mardi Himal is located to the east of the Annapurna Base camp virtually under the spectacular Machhapuchhre (Fishtail). Mardi Himal trek goes through quiet stone built villages past wonderful rhododendron forests blooming in many different colors. The forest path continues until about 3,300m. when the trail takes on a rugged mountain setting with spectacular views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre and Annapurna South. Above this at 3,580 m is high camp which again offers spectacular views overlooking Annapurna Base camp.
Mardi Himal Trek Highlight Overview
- Explore abundant flora and fauna
- Panoramic view of Mardi Himal, Machhapurchre, Annapurna Range, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli and many more other mountains
- Beautiful aerial view of Pokhara valley and Phewa lake
- Sunrise and Sunset View points
- Witness picturesque villages, lush green hills, beautiful forests of oak & rhododendron, lovely lakes, cascading waterfalls & fine valleys