Upper Mustang Trek is often described as the hidden or lost Tibetan kingdom, the last intact vestiges of Tibetan Buddhist religion, culture, and lifestyle unchanged in centuries. It is an autonomous dynasty throughout the centuries - is a walled city with its own present King. Mustang still remains active to preserve this magnificent Trans-Himalayan kingdom with its unrivaled Buddhist shrines with cliff hanging monasteries, Thankas, Mandalas, deities, cave-dwelling people along with the wild lunar landscape of unreal color and beauty, ruggedly carved mountains reach up to deep blue skies, while icy peaks glimmer majestically to the south. Mustang Trek is a journey beyond the Himalayas starting at Jomsom in the Kali Gandaki valley, the trek passes through a barren, desolate landscape carved deep by canyons until the walled capital city of Lo-Manthang is reached filled by a maze of narrow lanes and streets, the city presents a medieval setting with its ancient place, monasteries, and temples.
Highlight Overviews of Upper Mustang Trek
- Explore the hidden last forbidden kingdom to the history of Lo Manthang
- Trekking rain shadow region of Nepal
- Spiritual feel walking through many Gompas, chortens, flapping prayer flags, and caves
- Live glimpse of Tibetan influence on the everyday activities and culture of the locals
- Enticing views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and many more other mountains
- Witness everyday life and culture of the local people who live closely like Tibetan