Upper Mustang Trek is often described as the hidden or lost Tibetan kingdom the last intact vestiges of Tibetan Buddhist religion, culture and lifestyle unchanged in centuries. Mustang is an autonomous dynasty throughout the centuries - is a walled city with their own present King. It is through an almost treeless barren landscape known as mini desert of Nepal. Mustang is still remain active to preserve this magnificent Trans-Himalayan kingdom with their unrivalled Buddhist shrines with cliff hanging monasteries, Thankas, Mandalas, deities, cave dwelling people along with wild lunar landscape of unreal color and beauty, ruggedly carved mountains reach up to deep blue skies, while icy peaks glimmer majestically to the south. Mustang Trek is a journey beyond the Himalaya starting at Jomsom in the Kali Gandaki valley, the trek passes through a barren, desolate landscape carved deep by cayons, until the walled capital city of Lo-Monthang is reached filled by a maze of narrow lanes and streets, the city presents a medieval setting with its ancient place, monasteries and temples.
Highlight Overviews of Upper Mustang Trek
- Explore the hidden last forbidden kingdom to the history of Lo Manthang
- Trekking rain shadow region of Nepal
- Spiritual feel walking through many Gompas, chortens, flapping prayer flags, and caves
- Live glimpse of Tibetan influence on the everyday activities and culture of the locals
- Enticing views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and many more other mountains
- Witness everyday life and culture of the local people who live closely like Tibetan