Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek lies in the remote and unspoiled far eastern region of Nepal, the homeland of the third highest peak of the world Mt Kanchenjunga 8,596m. The Trek provides an incredible variety of scenery and cultural diversity starting from the low valleys of eastern Nepal. The route passes trough cultivated farmland, villages and leads along rivers drained by Tamur River that meets Arun below Mulghat. Pangpema, the base camp of Kanchenjunga is surrounded by an incredible array of high peaks. The formidable north face of Kanchenjunga is revealed and walks up the glacier offer fascinating close-up views. Kanchenjunga Trek Nepal has only been open to trekking since 1988, which explains its richness of traditional culture. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is one of the longer treks we offer and has many possibilities for extra days to explore different areas that are surrounded by many great mountains of eastern Nepal. The glaciers north of the main peak are clockwise Nupchu, Lhonak, Chichima, Gimsung, Pyramid, Kanchenjunga, Ramtang, West and South of the main peak are Kumbhakarna (Jannu), Yamatari and Yalung glaciers. The latter was an important trading centre between the towns of Darjeeling and Tipta La in Tibet.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Highlight Overview
- Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world with five chaste of snow Kanchenjunga Trek offer expedition of north and south Base Camps.
- Magnificent views of Mt. Jannu and stunning views of the eastern faces of Makalu and Everest.
- The beautiful remote villages in the Kanchenjunga region.
- Exploration of both Kanchenjunga Base Camps.
- Experience of walking over the glaciers specially Yalung Glacier
- Pristine Rhododendron forest pine, bamboo forests and the high alpine passes.
- The settlements of Tibetan refugees on the Kanchenjunga Trekking Routes.
- Warmth and hospitality of Rai, Limbu and Sherpa community of the region
- Wildlife species in Kanchenjunga region like blue bear, musk deer, snow leopard, blue sheep.