Saribung Pass Trek is challenging, physical demanding and very popular trekking trail with beaten track and difficult pass (6,346m). It is situated to the north of Mustang region of Damodar Himal, the last frontiers close to the border of China (Tibet). Saribung Pass is rugged, ancient culture merge in a very unique interpretation of lands forgotten by time, cutting high into cliff sides and pass villages that have changed little over the centuries. Saribung Trek can be done in anti-clockwise for which the trek start from Phu and then ascend to Saribung pass and enter in the Mustang "Hidden Valley" and return to Jomsom or clockwise for which the trek start from Jomsom and follow Upper Mustang trail and descend to Nar-Phu valley and end at Besisahar. For mountaineering, it is easy to do Expedition but there are many passes with ice and creases in between the Damodar Kunda region and Nar-Phu valley. The trek starts from one place to another with great sceneries, cultures, religion and geographical variations.
Highlight Overviews of Saribung Pass Trek
- A challenging journey through the seldom visited Upper Mustang and Tibet border
- Trekking along most remote trails including the stunning Saribung Pass (6,042m)
- Stand in awe at spectacular vistas of the Tibetan Plateau, Damodar Himal, and the Annapurna
- Discover Tibetan culture, visit Luri Gompa and Damodar Kunda
- Adventerous highest access of trek Saribung Pass (6,328m)
- De Hults High Pass (6,225m), Nar-Phu Valley and Damodar Kunda region