Helambu trek is a short and easy trek of Nepal and easily accessible from Kathmandu which offers Monastery visit, Rhododendron forest, superb mountain views, picturesque Sherpa settlements and unspoiled culture of the area between altitudes of 1,370m to 3,490m. It is low elevation and the Sherpa villages make it an interesting 6 or 8 day loop. Helambu Trek is more like a cultural trek than mountain and glacier expeditions. People here follow the Buddhist religion so you will find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages.
Highlight Overview of Helambu Trek
- Trekking in the north of Kathmandu valley within serene green environment
- Enjoy peaceful walks on less visited route to beautiful and scenic Helambu
- Enchanting forest of tall rhododendron, oaks, magnolia, blue pines and fir tree lines
- Explore lively cultural villages of great interest festooned with age-old Buddhism religion
- Enjoy the pristine culture of Tamangs and Hyolmo people.
- Catch an awe-inspiring glimpse of snow-clad masses: Langtang Lirung (7,234m), Dorje Lakpa (6,966m) and many more etc.
- Revel in the wilderness of Shivapuri National Park and get a chance to see splendid waterfalls, wild floras and faunas across the lush woodland.