Cho La Pass Trek is another interesting and strenuous trekking of Khumbu region which is often known as dangerous and connect to Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake. The trekking combines the two routes Gokyo Lake and Everest Base Camp by crossing Ngozumpa Glacier and Cho La pass. Cho-la pass Trek is not considered very difficult but advised to bring ropes, Ice Axe and other climbing equipment during snowfall and other conditions. Though, it is not difficult, many trekkers have succumbed to altitude sickness, hypothermia and exhaustion while attempting this trekking. Beyond Gokyo Lake, the trail mounts the moraine wall of the Ngozumpa Glacier with numerous crevasses and the great views of mountains and moraine. Cho La Pass has slippery rocks and is very steep up walking over stony ramp. As you descend down from Cho-la pass and while doing pass stay to the left of it walking up and down along its rocky edges. Lobuche Peak dominates the eastern views with the Mt. Everest, great view of Khumbila peak to the south and Kangchung peak in the north. Then the trail takes you over natural rocks steps, which are many cairns.
Highlight Overview of Cho La Pass Trek
- Mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Sherpa people and culture
- Attractive Namche Bazaar and Everest View Hotel
- Tengboche Monastery and gompa along the way
- Stunning mountain views Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Taboche, Makalu, Lhotse, Island Peak etc.
- Hike to Kala Patthar for the incredible appearance of Everest
- Crossing Chola Pass (5,420m), splendid views from the top
- Gokyo valley and Gokyo Ri (5,360m)